Emergency Dental Care
Our practice will always try to fit in your emergency dental care as quickly as possible.
Call us during office hours on (02) 9538 7875
If you’re experiencing an emergency after our practice hours, chat with us for one of our friendly staff to help with the best solution and advice until we are able to treat you!
Emergency Treatments Offered
Every dental emergency is unique, but most of the same-day treatments we provide are related to situations involving the following:
- A Chipped or Knocked-Out Tooth – Fractured or avulsed teeth require urgent attention for the best outcome, typically within the first 1-2 hours. We will try to bond or reinsert your tooth back into place when possible. Store it in a sealed container submerged in milk or saline and bring it to our office immediately.
- Broken Filling or Crown – Did you bite on something hard, only to feel your tooth crack or have a crown fall off? Do not chew on that side of your mouth, as it can cause your tooth to break apart even more. Bring your crown with you to see if we can bond it back in place. However, most situations involving broken dental work are due to recurring decay or deterioration of the tooth underneath. A new, replacement crown will usually be necessary.
- Abscessed Teeth – Most dental abscesses are caused by existing, untreated cavities. Seeing you for regular checkups and endodontic (root canal) treatment can help you avoid such an incidence. But if the infection is unexpected, we will make it our priority to get you out of pain as quickly as possible.
- Severe Toothaches – Does your tooth hurt when you bite down? Are you experiencing sharp or painful throbbing? Head to our office for an exam and X-ray to determine the cause of your discomfort. From there, we’ll plan the best course of treatment, be it a small filling, root canal or something else.
- Swelling and Bleeding – Bleeding gums or unexplained swelling could be due to an abscess, food lodged under the gums, a traumatic injury or a host of other causes. We’ll help you get the care you need.
EMERGENCY FAMILY DENTISTRY
Get same-day dental emergency care for your entire household. New patients are always welcome. Contact us today to get started.
* Any invasive or surgical procedure may carry risks. Before moving forward, it is recommended that you seek a second opinion from an appropriately licensed medical professional.