Sports Mouth Guards
Protect your smile from unwanted trauma with a custom fitted mouth guard from Parramatta Green Dental.
Mouth guards act as a cushion barrier to protect your teeth in the event of impact. If you or your child participate in weekend football, rugby or other contact sports, then having a well fitted, professional grade mouth guard is vital.
Custom Mouthguards vs Off-the shelf Solutions
There are a number of off-the-shelf mouth guard solutions available in the marketplace. While it may be tempting to opt for a cheaper product, there are a number of drawbacks to pre-manufactured mouth guards. These include:
- More likely to fall out due to poor fitting
- Increased risk of trauma and pain in the event of an accident
- Possible mouth and tooth infections caused by low grade materials
By comparison, custom mouth guards are custom-designed by our dentists and moulded from a tough yet comfortable plastic called Ethylene Vinyl Acetate.
By getting a custom-fitted mouth guard, you will have peace of mind knowing:
- Your mouth guard will fit perfectly every time
- It will not hurt when you wear it
- It’s made from the highest quality material which will last a long time
- It requires minimal maintenance
Getting Your Mouthguard Made
We follow a simple procedure to give you a perfect fit:
- The dentist will perform an initial examination of your teeth
- Impressions of your upper and lower jaws will be taken.
- Your custom moulds will be sent to laboratory, where your personalised mouth guard will be fabricated.
- Once your guard is ready, you’ll come in and try on the guard to ensure a perfect fit. If any changes are required, your guard will be returned to the laboratory before being fitted again.
Taking Care of Your Mouthguard
Looking after your custom mouth guard will ensure that it lasts a long time.
Rinse in cold water before and after every use. Avoid contact with hot water, as it may cause your guard to lose shape.
Take your mouth guard with you to your regular dental check ups to ensure that they still fit properly ad don’t need replacing.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
If you have dental cover as part of your private insurance, you may be able to claim some of the cost of your custom mouth guard. Patients are advised to check their specific benefits with their private health fund prior to making an appointment. Contact our Parramatta dentist today to make an appointment to fit your next mouth guard.