Children’s Dental Care
As a family practice, we offer dental care for children ages 2-17.
Our oral hygiene therapist is especially good with young patients, making your little one’s experience a positive one.
Dental Treatment for Children
A child’s oral development changes rapidly as their jaws and teeth grow and mature into an adult smile. Frequent checkups reduce the risk of complications, such as cavities and orthodontic concerns.
Our comprehensive paediatric dental services include:
- Checkups and Cleanings — Book a regular checkup every six months to keep your child’s smile healthy. We’ll screen for early signs of infection to allow for less-invasive treatment. Our oral therapist will equip your family with the resources necessary to keep your son or daughter’s teeth strong and cavity-free.
- Dental Fillings — Tooth decay is one of the most common childhood diseases. Treating cavities early helps prevent bacterial infection from spreading into adjacent teeth or contributing to premature tooth loss. We offer minimally invasive white fillings to help your child eat and speak comfortably.
- Orthodontic Evaluations — We’ll assess the biting patterns and relationship of your child’s teeth and jaws. If an atypical alignment or eruption process is evident, we can make an appropriate referral to an orthodontic specialist. With early intervention, complex bite needs can be avoided or corrected in a less-invasive manner.
- Athletic Mouthguards — Prevent common emergencies like concussions and knocked-out teeth with a professionally made mouthguard. You can even customise your appliance to match your team’s colours!
- Fissure Sealants — Protective sealants make hard-to-clean areas less likely to develop cavities. The thin layer covers deep pits and fissures in the back teeth (molars) making them easier to brush. While sealants aren’t permanent, they can last for several years. It only takes a few minutes to apply them, and no numbing is needed.
- Fluoride Treatments — Fluoride is a natural mineral that, like calcium, helps build strong teeth and bones. Regular fluoride treatments make enamel more resistant against cavities and sensitivity. We recommend one after each scale and clean.
Child Dental Benefit Scheme
(Medicare – Bulk Billed)
For eligible children covered by the Child Dental Benefit Scheme, we bulk billed directly with Medicare.
Eligible children receive $1000.00 every 2 years to allocate to general dental needs!
If you’re children are eligible, don’t hold off on visiting the dentist, make the most of the benefit and visit us every 6 months to upkeep your children’s oral health!
If you are unsure if your child is eligible, call us and our friendly receptionist can help you find out!
Happy Gas for Comfortable Dentistry
Dental anxiety affects people of all ages, including young children. Fortunately, happy gas is a safe and effective sedation option for our young patients.
If your child is too nervous or wiggly to sit through their necessary treatment, happy gas can help. It’s fast, effective and makes their appointment run more smoothly. That way treatment doesn’t have to be delayed, with the risk of infections worsening.
Book Your Child’s First Checkup
Contact us today to schedule your little one’s first visit early, to prevent dental problems before they start.
* Any invasive or surgical procedure may carry risks. Before moving forward, it is recommended that you seek a second opinion from an appropriately licensed medical professional.